Learn More About Medical Alert World
If you came to Medical Alert World, chances are you’re considering a medical alert system for yourself, a friend or a family member. You came to the right place! Buying a medical alert system can be both frustrating and confusing. We get it… We’ve been studying, rating and reviewing the medical alert industry for a decade over at our sister company, The Senior List.
Medical Alert Systems come in all shapes and sizes. They also run on both cellular and land-line networks. Which is best for you? How do you know what companies are interested in your wellbeing and not your wallet? That’s where we come in!
Since our sister company (The Senior List®) began taking an interest in the medical alert industry, they’ve been pushing companies to be better stewards of public/consumer trust. For example, before they began publicizing the good, the bad, and the ugly of industry practices – Long-term medical alert contracts were the norm. That meant if your mother was in need of a medical alert system – you were contracting upfront for 1 to 3 years of service. If mom went into a nursing facility, died, or just didn’t need the alert system anymore, the consumer was on the hook for the remainder of the contract. That didn’t sit well with us, and we started calling out unscrupulous companies who preyed on consumers-in-crisis.
Because of The Senior List’s reporting, many medical alert companies instituted wide-spread changes to their terms and conditions. The Senior List began referring consumers to the best alert companies, and continued exposing the bad ones… After a number of years, we decided to launch the first ever Medical Alert System Marketplace – MEDICAL ALERT WORLD.
A Medical Alert Marketplace
We took everything we’ve learned over the last 10 years, and packaged it up into a “Marketplace” or as some have called us, “A Buyers Club”. We handpick the best of the best to work with. To be a Medical Alert World Partner, companies must adhere to best-industry-practices set forth by our strict guidelines. Here are just a few of those guidelines:
- No long-term contracts, consumers can opt-out of their medical alert system contract by giving notice to the provider and returning the equipment in good working order.
- Pricing must be best-market-pricing. That means you don’t need to shop around for pricing. This is the vendor/provider’s best pricing available.
- Medical Alert Equipment must be best-in-class equipment. That means it functions as it’s supposed to, and if for some reason it doesn’t – Replacement equipment is sent out immediately.
- Customer Service must be exemplary. Since we only work with the best 5-6 medical alert companies in the country, we make sure that when you have questions they get answered. When you have needs, they are attended to. When you press the alert button, call-centers jump to attention!
How To Use Medical Alert World
- Sign-up to the opt-in form on our front page (the big blue box on our home page). This registers you so that we can ensure you’re getting the benefits associated if/when you choose a medical alert provider.
- Browse each of the companies listed on Medical Alert World. Don’t worry, they all meet our minimum requirements for quality, customer service, and buying experience.
- IF YOU WANT TO ORDER BY PHONE: Feel free to call 1 or 2 of our partners (or visit a few websites to get a feel for their business, their equipment and their customer support personnel). When you call, make sure you tell them you’re a Medical Alert World Member, so you’re receive your exclusive Medical Alert World benefits.
- IF YOU WANT TO ORDER ONLINE: Feel free to use our exclusive links to the respective Medical Alert World partners. This will insure you receive the best buying experience (from the best companies on the planet).
Finally – Order your equipment, and enjoy a hassle-free buying experience. It’s that easy. Just remember to tell them your a Medical Alert World Member, and you’re off and running!